Explore the many reasons you should join the AES today!
- Become part of an extensive network of engineers, scientists, and researchers from around the world that have a shared professional interest in aquaculture engineering.
- Gain access to a wealth of resources and an extensive network that will contribute to your professional success throughout your career.
- Participate in a group setting where aquacultural engineering problems and potential solutions can be discussed with other experts in the field.
Conferences, Training, and Events
- Receive notices about upcoming conferences, events, and training opportunities.
- Receive discounts to attend select aquaculture conferences, events, and training opportunities.
- Attend member forums and socials hosted by AES during select conferences.
- Become eligible for participation in the RAS Design and Operation Certification Program (with completion of qualifying course).
- Aquacultural Engineering. The official journal of the Aquacultural Engineering Society (AES). This journal is concerned with the design and development of effective aquacultural systems for marine and freshwater facilities. The journal aims to apply the knowledge gained from basic research which potentially can be translated into commercial operations. Members may purchase a subscription to the journal at a significantly reduced rate.
- AES News. A minimum quarterly e-publication providing information about the latest industry news, conferences, and other AES activities.
- AES members have immediate access to all e-learning materials including professional development webinars, select presentations and recordings from AES sponsored conference sessions, and a growing technical library on topics of interest to aquaculture engineers.
- Become eligible for participation in the RAS Design and Operation Certification Program (with completion of qualifying course). Certification signifies that an individual has the knowledge and skills to integrate principles by designing and operating RAS.
- Develop your professional network to assist you when seeking employment opportunities.
- Gain access to aquaculture job postings and/or post your resume when seeking employment.
- AES presents a number of awards each year to members and student members to support participation at conferences, and to reward contribution to the field of Aquaculture Engineering. For information on all the awards and deadlines visit AES Awards and Student Awards.
Opportunities for Involvement
- AES members are encouraged to be active in the Society's Committees. Committee membership provides valuable professional development opportunities and is excellent opportunity to network with your fellow AES members. AES Awards and Student Awards.
Special interest groups
- All AES members are encouraged to become active in a AES Special Interest Groups (SIG). Don’t see a SIG that interests you? Contact the AES about creating a SIG.
- Diversity amongst our society brings the broadest range of views and experiences together, resulting in enriched networking, collaboration, and learning. The AES appoints a diverse Board of Directors mirroring the diversity of our society membership. Learn more about AES Diversity efforts.
General Membership: $30Student Membership: Free with copy of current student ID
Online journal subscription: $74Printed journal subscription: $94
Journal Subscription Rates*
Our Corporate Sponsors are important partners in our mission of promoting the science and art of Aquacultural engineering. Corporate sponsorship provides the following additional benefits:
- Listing your company as a sponsor in the AES News
- Posting your company as a sponsor on the AES webpage
- One annual membership and journal print subscription
- Opportunity to contribute a company spotlight, project profile, and/or article to the AES News
Corporate Sponsorship Fee: $650
*All dues and subscription fees are in U.S. dollars and are for a one-year period.
Become a Corporate Sponsor